facebook twitter
My Advice Gateway

My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.

There is so much information available on the internet that it can often be a tedious and time consuming activity to search through the mass of advice that is available in order to find the information you need. Even government websites that have been set up to provide help can be difficult to find your way around.

My Advice Gateway has been built to help you find the information you need quickly and effectively. Links will take you to authoritative advice or the precise application form you need.

We hope you will find My Advice Gateway useful. If you do, why not tell your friends. . .


LHS provides a complete range of web-based housing option services to more than 60 local authorities and hundreds of housing associations across the UK.


My Advice Gateway constantly checks its links to other information sources to ensure they work properly.

However, if you do find a link that does not connect, please let us know so that we can fix it quickly.

Simply drop us an e-mail and tell us which link did not work. We will check it out and put it right.

E-mail: info@myadvicegateway.com




Child Abuse is when someone is ill-treating a child, causing damage to the child's health or personal development. 

Child abuse falls into one or more of four categories:

  • Physical Abuse which may involve hitting, shaking, throwing, poisoning, burning or scalding, drowning, suffocating or otherwise causing physical harm to a child. 
  • Emotional Abuse which is the persistent emotional ill treatment of a child such as to cause severe and persistent effects on the child’s emotional development.
  • Sexual abuse which involves forcing or enticing a child to take part in sexual activities, including prostitution, whether or not s/he is aware of what is happening.
  • Neglect which involves the persistent failure to meet a child’s basic physical and/or psychological needs, likely to result in the serious impairment of the child’s health and development.

An explanation of what child abuse is, where to go for support and what steps the police and social workers can take to protect a child is available from citizensadvice and NSPCC.

If you were abused as a child, you may be able to get financial compensation.

More information on help and support available if you were abused as a child is available from citizensadvice.

NSPCC is dedicated to ending cruelty to children.

To contact the NSPCC:

    Telephone: 0808 800 5000

    Email: help@nspcc.org.uk

The NSPCC has produced a series of leaflets on Child abuse concern, available at the following link.

ChildLine is the UK's free 24 hour confidential counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday provided by the NSPCC. ChildLine deals with any issue which causes distress or concern, common issues dealt with include child abuse, bullying, parental separation or divorce, pregnancy and substance misuse.

To Contact Childline:

Call free on 0800 1111. Calls are confidential and won’t appear on the phone bill, including mobiles

or by:

     1-2-1 Chat


     Ask Sam

     Message Board

The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) are part of UK Policing and are dedicated to eradicating the sexual abuse of children.

Thinkuknow is the CEOP's website on internet safety and safe surfing for young people when using blogs, chatting, online gaming, P2P and webcams.